Our Hemp Foods are 100% natural, free of any pesticides, herbicides, and any other nasty agri-chemicals, including genetic modification, and are grown in organic conditions. Hemp plants (industrial cannabis sativa) naturally grows tough and hardy, it has its very own anti-microbial properties that protects the plant from foreign invaders.
What are hemp foods / hemp products?
Hemp Seed Oil: Cold pressed from the industrial cannabis sativa seeds (much the same as olive oil). Hemp seed oil has a high concentration of amino acids, and a perfect ratio of omega 3, 6 & 9 essential fatty acids. It is also an alternative, sustainable option to replace fish oil, and is Vegan-friendly. Read More
Hemp Hearts: (Hulled hemp seeds) The heart of the industrial cannabis sativa seed, hulled or extracted from its hard shell, leaving the soft nutty tasting centre. Very high in digestible protein, soluble and insoluble fibre. Hemp seeds benefits are plentiful and they truly are a superior superfood Read more
Hemp Protein: Hemp seed oil is extracted form the hemp seeds, and leave behind a seed cake which is milled into a fine powder, this is what we call hemp protein. Hemp protein is very high in fibre, and a great source of vegan-friendly digestible protein. It blends easily and has a great nutty taste. Hemp protein Can also be used for animal feed rather than grain feed for cattle. This makes cattle and meat sources healthier and reduces GMO grain products. Read more
What are phytates?
Phytates or Phytic acid is an anti-nutrient which makes it harder for your body to absorb much-needed nutrients, the absence or phytates make hemp foods one the most bio-available sources of nutrients on the planet.
Can I cook with hemp seed oil?
Hemp seed oil is high in polyunsaturated fats, meaning it has a lower smoking point than other oils like coconut oil and vegetable oils. As heat can destroy the good fats on offer in hemp seed oil it is not recommended that you cook with it, and is best consumed raw.
Will eating hemp foods get me high?
No, Industrial hemp (cannabis sativa) is grown with THC levels of less than 1%, and by law can not have more that 0.3% THC in a food crop. THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, is the psychoactive compound found in Marijuana that gets you high. For more information please read our blog >>> Hemp Vs Marijuana, Whats the difference?
Are hemp foods safe for children, and expecting mums?
Yes, hemp foods are safe for children and expecting mums. Hemp foods are highly recommended in fact as a great source of Omega fatty acids, vitamins minerals and protein for breastfeeding mothers. Read our blog here on >>> Hemp Foods for expecting mums and babies.
Can I sprout hemp seeds?
No, the whole hemp seed is needed to sprout from germination. Hemp seeds cannot be grown as a hobby, and strict licenses are required to grow hemp crops in Australia.
What is high CBD hemp oil, and is hemp seed oil the same as CBD oil?
CBD or cannabidiol is a therapeutic compound found in the hemp plant, high CBD hemp oil is illegal for sale in Australia without a medical license. Our hemp seed oil is a nutritional supplement only, and contains little to no CBD.
Is hemp seed oil good for pain relief?
Hemp seed oil is a nutritional supplement with anti-inflammatory properties. It is not designed for chronic pain relief like (CBD) or (THC). Please consult your healthcare professional on the anti-inflammatory benefits of omega fatty acids that are found in hemp foods.
Where do our hemp seeds come from?
Most of our hemp foods are grown in Canada which is the mecca for quality hemp food crops. With hemp foods being a booming industry in Canada for close to two decades. The seeds, growing practices, and processing quality is unmatched. We are also now looking at adding Australian grown products to our range that meet our strict quality control.
Are your products organic?
Yes, our hemp foods are grown with organic practices on organic land. Hemp crops overall do not need pesticides and other agri-chemicals to grow. The cost of organic certification in Australia would drive the retail prices sky high, and are not needed as hemp is 100% natural and raw. Most Australian Certified Organic hemp foods are grown is parts of Asia, and are re-certified when imported to meet Australian standards.
What is Hemp, and what are Hemp Foods?
- Industrial Hemp has been a part of ancient medicine, nutrition and textile exports for thousands of years. This ancient and sustainable agri-crop knows no boundaries when considering sustainability and its minimal impact on nature and mankind itself.
- Industrial hemp seeds are cultivated for food purposes from the hemp flower. The hemp flower is processed into three main nutrient dense hemp foods. Hemp seed oil, Hemp Protein and Hemp Hearts (hulled seeds).
What else can be made from hemp?
- Hemp clothing can be made from the sustainable fibres of the industrial hemp plant.
- Hemp milk can be made with hemp seeds and water by blending and processing the two together. Hemp milk for vegans is a great substitute to other animal based milks and those allergic to soy.
- Hemp Plastic is carbon neutral, bio degradable and highly sustainable for the planet.
- Hemp Houses are made from hemp fibres mixed lime, creating a strong carbon neutral fibre
What are the Benefits of Hemp on the Environment?
- Industrial Hemp fibre: Reduces our carbon footprint by replacing toxic practices which are used to create plastic steel and paper, and can replace cotton as a fibre.
- Hemp crop overall: Don’t use chemical pesticides, herbicides or chemicals when cultivated. No hexanes or solvents are used in the extraction process making it 100% natural. Naturally, phytate free for bio-availability, and are non-GMO.
Hemp vs Marijuna
Hemp contains less than 1% THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) the psychoactive compound found in Marijuana. Although Hemp and Marijuana are from from the same genus of plant ‘Cannabis’ they both carry different characteristics, and different uses. Read the full blog here >> Hemp Vs Marijuana, What’s the difference?
free shipping on orders over $30
Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ at the checkout to save 10% off your first order (excludes value packs)