Why is everyone talking about the health benefits of hemp oil?
Let us give you a little insight into why this amazing plant-based oil is hot on the radar of the must have superfood list.
How is it made?
Hemp oil is a seed oil that is cold pressed from the seeds of the industrial hemp plant. It results in a rich green earthy oil with a nutty taste. Hemp oil is often mistaken as CBD oil which is a therapeutic grade oil only available for special patients that apply for access in Australia. Read about the difference in Hemp oil and CBD oil.
What are the health benefits hemp oil?
- Cholesterol and heart health. Hemp oil is great for reducing cholesterol, and assisting heart health. There are little-known side effects to using hemp oil, but it is not recommended to use hemp oil with blood thinners as it is a natural anticoagulant.
- The Perfect Fat Ratio. Hemp oil has a perfect ratio of 1:3 Omega 6 to Omega 3. These essential fatty acids are vital to maintain optimal health from a cellular level and assist in almost all healthy bodily functions including heart, brain, and liver function. It contains almost 240% of your AI (adequate intake of Omega 3 ALA (Alpha-linolenic acid, and more than 65% of your (AI) of Omega 6. In addition, it also offers small amounts of Omega 9.
- Acne, Eczema, and Psoriasis. Hemp oil works wonders for the skin, both for inflammatory, and bacterial skin conditions. The omega 6 GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) helps reduce inflammation and redness. Hemp oil also helps to restore the balance of the skins natural (sebum) oil production is can sometimes be the cause of acne, it also has anti-microbial benefits. Hemp oil also has a comedogenic rating of zero, meaning it will not clog the pores. It is classed as a drying oil.
- Plant-based Fatty acids. Is plant-based omega 3 enough? In addition to offering all essential fats, the body needs to convert plant-based oil into EPA and DHA. Hemp oil has naturally occurring Vitamin D, vital for calcium production, and other important minerals for a plant-based diet.
- Vitamins and Minerals. Hemp oil offers a range of Vitamins that occur naturally in the plant, including a wide range of B vitamins, vitamin D, and minerals such as magnesium and zinc. Hemp oil is also free of mineral binding phytates that inhibit their absorption, making hemp oil 100% Bio-available.
- Mums and Babies. Hemp oil is fantastic health food for expecting mums, and babies, and has many nutrients that benefit growing infants, and expecting mums. It is 100% Safe and will not get mum or bub high. hemp oil is also a great natural remedy for baby eczema.
Hemp is an environmentally sustainable crop that is considered carbon neutral and is often used in crop rotations to replace nutrients back to the soil. It uses less than a 1/3 of the water the cotton requires and one crop cycle can be completed between 90-120 days depending on the climate and growing conditions.
Is it legal to use hemp?
Industrial hemp is now legal as a food source in Australia as of November 2017, it contains no THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) the psychoactive compound found in marijuana. Hemp foods will not get you high, or cause a drug test to read a false positive.
Hemp Oil Uses