The benefits of hemp seed oil are not just confined to the skin, (although hemp seed oil is a highly effective skin care treatment for acne, eczema, and psoriasis) it has many other benefits that can assist with the management or even elimination of many common health issues.
These health issues may include hormonal imbalance, immune and degenerative diseases including cancer, inflammation, digestive issues, joint inflammation, and arthritis as well supporting heart and brain health.
But before we detail all of the extraordinary benefits of hemp seed oil, we wanted to explain what hemp seed oil actually is for those who don’t know.
What is Hemp Seed Oil?
Hemp seed oil is a nutty flavoured rich green oil, cold pressed from the seeds of the industrial hemp plant, with a magnitude of benefits. Hemp seed oil has just begun to re-introduce itself on the radar as one of the world’s best, nutrient dense, plant-based seed oils.
Now for the benefits of this wonderful superfood –
The Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil ;
- Hemp seed oil has the perfect ratio of omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids
- Hemp seed oil is also a great source of vitamin E and minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc.
- It contains conjugated linolenic acid (CLA) which is beneficial for cell membrane growth.
- Hemp Seed Oil has naturally occurring vitamin D, which is vital for calcium absorption. Great for vegans and vegetarians
- It also contains beneficial amounts of the omega 6 Gamma linolenic Acid (GLA) which assists premenstrual craps and (PMS) and is also a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Hemp Seed Oil has super powers – it reduces cholesterol, regulates blood sugar levels and decreases the risk of stroke.
- Chemo-preventive (anticarcinogenic) properties of hemp seed oil work by causing apoptosis (cell death), inhibiting the cell cycle and preventing the abnormal proliferation of cells characteristic of cancerous tumors.
The Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil & Beauty
The benefits of hemp seed oil extend well beyond the inside, meaning it can help with hair, skin and nails.
Our hair, skin and nails are formed from the same line of dermal cells. Since hemp seed oil is nearly identical in structure to lipids found in humans, it is easily capable of penetrating our cells, and lubricating the surfaces between them.
Not only is it common to find those using hemp with healthy hair, vibrant skin, and stronger nails. It can also assist in reducing skin blotches, and lesions by detoxifying the skin and help to even out skin tone.
Hemp seed oil makes the perfect moisturizer without the worry of clogging your pores. For more inside beauty tips that include Hemp Seed Oil, see our latest blogs –
Hemp Seed oil is a long-lost source of macronutrients, clouded in the stigma of its closely related brother marijuana and trapped by the confines of prohibition. Hemp seed oil contains no THC, the psychoactive compound found in marijuana. Want to read more about the differences between Hemp Seed Oil and Marijuana?
New research and the loosening of strict laws will once again allow us to reap the full benefits of this truly magnificent superfood. We now offer FREE SHIPPING on our hemp seed oil on purchase over $30. So try our hemp seed oil and see the benefits it provides first-hand.