What is hemp seed oil?
Hemp seed oil is a nutty flavoured rich green oil, cold pressed from the seeds of the industrial hemp plant, with a magnitude of benefits. Hemp seed oil has just began to re-introduce itself on the radar as one of the world’s best, nutrient dense, plant based seed oils.
The benefits of hemp seed oil, are not just confined to the skin, although hemp seed oil is a highly effective skin care treatment for acne, eczema and psoriasis, it has many other benefits that can assist with the management or even elimination of many common health issues. Including hormonal imbalance, immune and degenerative diseases including cancer, inflammation, digestive issues, joint inflammation and arthritis as well supporting heart and brain health.
Hemp seed oil has been dubbed natures Perfectly balanced oil, here’s why;
- It has the perfect ratio of omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids
- Hemp seed oil is also a great source of vitamin E and minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc.
- It contains conjugated linolenic acid (CLA) which is beneficial for cell membrane growth.
- Has naturally occurring vitamin D, which is vital for calcium absorption. Great for vegans and vegetarians
- It contains beneficial amounts of the omega 6 Gamma linolenic Acid (GLA) which assists premenstrual craps and (PMS) and is also a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Reduces cholesterol, regulates blood sugar levels and decreases the risk of stroke.
- Chemo-preventive (anticarcinogenic) properties of hemp seed oil work by causing apoptosis (cell death), inhibiting the cell cycle and preventing the abnormal proliferation of cells characteristic of cancerous tumors.
Hemp seed oil for hair skin and nails.
The benefits of hemp seed oil can be seen on the outside. Our hair skin and nails are formed from the same line of dermal cells. Since hemp seed oil is nearly identical in structure to lipids found in humans, it is easily capable of penetrating our cells, and lubricating the surfaces between them. Not only is it common to find those using hemp with healthy hair, vibrant skin and stringer nails. It can also assist in reducing skin blotches, and lesions by detoxifying the skin and help evening out skin tone. Hemp seed oil makes the perfect moisturiser without the worry of clogging your pores.
Hemp Seed oil is a long-lost source of macro nutrients, clouded in the stigma of its closely related brother marijuana and trapped by the confines of prohibition. Hemp seed oil contains no THC, the psychoactive compound found in marijuana. New research, and the loosening of strict laws will once again allow us to reap the full benefits of this truly magnificent superfood.