Trying to avoid sugar and carbohydrates in a processed and convenient world can be a hard battle. Reducing refined carbohydrates and grains like rice and noodles, depletes a big energy source that most people rely on to get through the day. When avoiding carbs it is hard to fill the energy gap removed my rice and starchy vegetables.
We have been creating ketogenic, paleo, and sugar free meals for those looking for a carbohydrate or sugar detox. Adding hemp seeds to these low carb meal options adds a massive fibre and energy boost that can sustain you throughout the day, and to help to tame those sugar and refined carb cravings.
Ingredients/ Prep – Cooking time 20 minutes
- 250g Organic tofu (vegan option)
- 250g Organic grass feed beef or Organic chicken breast
- 1/2 sugarloaf cabbage thinly sliced
- A handful of shallots
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Fresh diced coriander for garnish
- 1 whole fresh lime
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2p cup crushed cashews
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic (dried granules)
- Extra virgin coconut oil (for cooking)
- Add coconut oil, onion, one tablespoon of coconut aminos, salt, pepper and garlic to a heated pan. Sauté the onion until soft and brown.
- Add tofu beef or chicken and cook as desired, adding the juice of 1/2 a fresh lime to sauté. Then add a pinch of chilli flakes (if heat is desired).
- Once beef is cooked through, add cabbage, shallots, sesame oil and one more tablespoon of coconut aminos, then toss until cabbage is slightly softened.
- Stir through crushed cashews and bean sprouts, then toss through for around 30 seconds.
- Turn off heat, then finally add the hemp seeds and garnish with coriander and remaining lime.
This meal serves two, for a quick healthy lunch on the run. For more great meal ideas visit our blog. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel for plenty more up and coming mouth watering videos.
New to hemp foods? Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ at the checkout to save 10% of your first purchase!