This amazing vegan waffle recipe is gluten free, refined sugar free, and vegan friendly. These hemp and blueberry waffles were created by one of our resident lifestyle bloggers Maddie Lumley. All you need is a waffle iron, a few natural ingredients, and little to no time, you’re ready to whip up this healthy delight.
Ingredients/ Prep time 1o mins
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup almond milk (or for a fluffier/softer waffle, use 1 cup of milk; the amount of milk can result in either crispier or fluffier waffles!)
- 1 tblsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tblsp Hemp Factory Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional, but recommended)
- Turn your non-stick waffle iron on to a medium heat.
- Add the flour and cinnamon to a bowl, then add the almond milk and maple syrup. Stir until well combined; you should have a nice cake batter consistency.
- Stir through the blueberries and the hemp seeds.
- Spoon onto to your waffle iron, and cook for about 3 or 4 minutes or until nicely browned
- Serve with an extra tablespoon of hemp seeds and extra maple syrup drizzled on top, et voila!
Note: this batter can also be used to make pancakes, if you don’t have a waffle iron! This recipe is also easily doubled, or tripled, etc etc.
free shipping on orders over $30
Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ at the checkout to save 10% off your first order (excludes value packs)