Sometimes, all natural homemade is the only option.
Sometimes it is hard to find even the most natural skin care range without trace amounts of preservatives, and other nasty additives that sensitive skin might react to. The simplest method in some cases is to have a DIY day at home, creating some natural products with raw ingredients that you are in control of.
This homemade hemp butter will give you the benefits of aromatherapy through essential oils, the smooth texture of shea butter, and the rejuvenation qualities of the omegas fatty acids found in hemp seed oil. It is allergy friendly and is great for dry skin, acne and eczema.
Ingredients/ Prep time 3o minutes
- 2/3 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup hemp seed oil
- 4 vitamin E capsules
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Note; The blend of essential oils is optional depending on preference. You can add as many or as little as you like. This Hemp Factory blend as pictured has a blend of – 18 drops Lemongrass – 30 drops Lavender – 16 – drops Tea Tree and 30 drops Whisper (doterra blend).
- Set up a double broiler on medium heat and bring to boil, once boiling lower heat to simmer.
- Add Shea butter and stir occasionally until nearly melted (be careful not to overheat), as this can destroy nutrients.
- Remove top pot from broiler, and wipe down any excess water under pot so it doesn’t enter the mixture, then pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add Olive oil and Hemp Seed Oil, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then stir together.
- Using an electric beater on low/medium or a hand held beater and whisk for 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl to mix all excess left over.
- Pierce Vitamin E capsules and add the contents, as well as the preferred essential oils into warm mixture and slowly stir through, discarding the capsule casing. Continue to whisk for 5 minutes.
- If the butter is not soft and fluffy, place in the freezer for 5 minutes and remove to whisk. Repeat this process until butter is soft, fluffy and not runny.
- Store in a cool dry place. The mixture will last for up to one year.
For more great blogs and recipes visit our blog page.