This is maybe not what you had in mind when thinking of hemp brownies, but we will happily munch down on these hemp brownies any day. Instagram meal sensation @panaceas_pantry have been kind enough to create this recipe for us. These brownies are raw and packed with hemp seeds, and other awesome nutrients. Healthy never looked so good. Do yourself a favour and give these hemp seed brownies a whirl. You won’t regret it!
1 1/2 cup pecans
2 cups soft dates, pitted (If they’re not soft and juicy, soak them in warm water for 15mins first)
1/2 cup hemp hearts
2 Tbsp mesquite,
1/2 tsp good-quality salt
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut flour
ALMOND BUTTER FROSTING
1/2 cup almond butter (roasted or raw)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp coconut cream
1/4 cup rice malt
1) Process pecans into small crumbs in a food processor
2) Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse until the mixture is evenly combined
3) Add in dates and process until the mixture forms a slightly sticky consistency between your fingers
4) Press your brownie into your chosen cake tin and set aside (we use a 15cm square tin) while you make the frosting
5) Melt the coconut oil over a hot water bath and set aside to cool
6) After 5 minutes, add the coconut oil and the remaining frosting ingredients to a high-speed blender, blending on high until very smooth.
7) Pour your frosting onto your brownie, then set in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
8) Once your brownie has set, take it out and cut up into desired size. Store in an air tight container in the freezer or fridge.
RECIPE AND PHOTO CRED – @panaceas_pantry
free shipping on orders over $30
Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ at the checkout to save 10% off your first order (excludes value packs)