A healthy protein rich lunchtime treat for vegans or those who just love a salad.
Ingredients/ Prep and cooking time 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup quinoa
- Red capsicum
- Yellow capsicum
- Shredded carrot
- 1 lime
- Avocado (optional)
- Baby Broccolini (optional)
- Salt and pepper to tasted
- Hemp Hearts
- Hemp seed oil
- Soak brown rice and quinoa for 10 mins and rinse.
- Add to seperate pots, add water 3:1 ratio (1 cup quinoa to 3 cups of water).
- Bring to boil and simmer covered until moisture is evaporated (cooking varies depending on stove top and differs between rice and quinoa).
- Dice capsicum, carrot, celery and kale in whatever amount is desired depending on taste.
- Once rice and quinoa are cooked, strain and rinse then combine diced vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with hemp hearts, hemp seed oil and lime juice.
- Ready to serve, serves 2-4
For more great meal ideas visit our blog page.