If there is one winter recipe you want to try out this year, make it this one – our Hemp Protein & Chocolate Vegan Pancakes. This recipe is so tasty and will give you hours of energy!
Ingredients/Cooking and prep time 15 Minutes
- 1 cup almond flour or fine almond meal
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup hemp protein powder
- 1 level tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 & 1/2 cups of water
- a pinch of hemp hearts to finish
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Take a non stick skillet/fry pan and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- Turn on stove top and place on a medium to low heat.
- Once fry pan is heated, pour mixture into serving sizes (ingredients will serve 2 people 2-3 large pancakes).
- Let pancake sit on one size until bubbles start to show through to the top side.
- Carefully use a spatula to remove bottom side of the pancake, then flip over.
- Once flipped allow 1-2 minutes for the underside to brown then remove from heat.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and a pinch of hemp hearts.
- Add fruit if desired, Pomegranate adds a lovely sour taste and great texture to contrast the pancakes.
Who would of thought that you can get up in the morning and indulge on some delicious pancakes without the guilt, as well as the added bonus of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids. These are also a great source of fibre to start that day and are a long lasting energy source.
This is also an approved 12 week challenge breakfast meal from The Empire Body Shop.
For other great meal ideas visit our blog.
new to hemp foods? Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ and save 10% at the checkout