Our hemp seed basil pesto, will leave your mouth watering, and your tummy smiling. Whether you use it as a dip, or stir through for pasta and gnocchi, you wont be disappointed! It is even a fantastic and healthy for tossing through roasted or steamed vegetables upon serving, to give you a little flavour boost.
The benefits of hemp seeds in a basil pesto are plentiful. Hemp seeds are packed with protein, fibre, omega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Unlike other nuts and seeds, hemp seeds are also free of phytic acid, which is an anti-nutrient that stops the body from absorbing nutrients from the seeds, meaning that hemp seeds do not need to be activated to gain the full benefits they offer, unlike other nuts, seeds and grains.
The lack of phytates makes meals like this one, a great option for vegans and vegetarians.
Ingredients/Prep time – 5 mins
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (cashew or sesame cheese for vegan option)
1-2 cloves of fresh garlic.
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Add all ingredients into blender or food processor, pulse until desired consistency is achieved.
Use desired Gnocchi of your choice. We used a Gluten free vegan friendly pre-made option.
- Bring water to boil, adding a pinch of salt.
- Place Gnocchi in boiling water. Once Gnocchi floats it is ready to strain.
- In a seperate pan, add coconut oil and cherry sized tomatoes of your choice.
- Blister tomatoes slightly, then add gnocchi and slightly pan fry until brown begins to show.
- Stir through hemp seed pesto.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan.
free shipping on orders over $30
Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ at the checkout to save 10% off your first order (excludes value packs)