Winter is Coming. Here is a simple recipe for hemp seed and hemp seed oil to get the belly smiling and keep the heart warm.
Ingredients/ Total cooking and prep time 20 mins
- Gluten-free gnocchi
- 300ml of Low-Fat Cream (lactose-free if intolerant)
- 500g of lean chicken sausage
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves garlic/1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano & basil
- 2 tablespoons of hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Add Coconut oil, Onion and Garlic to the pan, cook until soft. Add diced sausage and cook through. Once cooked add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Pour in cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
In a separate pot bring water to boil, add 1 teaspoon of salt and gluten-free gnocchi. Once gnocchi begins to float, take off heat and strain.
Toss gnocchi through sausage and cream sauce, remove from heat, add hemp hearts and parmesan then serve. Drizzle hemp seed oil over serving to add a bold nutty flavor.
Warning: This is a high-fat comfort meal, not recommended for those trying to gain a summer body 🙂 everything in moderation.