Try to peel your eyes away from these mouth watering hemp choc vegan bites. Created by another one of our Instagram favourites and hemp advocate Diana. Made with 100% natural ingredients, refined sugar free, vegan friendly and safe for the little munchkins. See the simple method below.
1 cup shredded coconut
2 scoop Hemp protein
3 scoop Hemp seeds
2 tbsp coconut syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup coconut cream
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons Cacao powder
OPTION – instead of coconut oil for the coating
60ml Cacao butter
- Mix shredded coconut, Hemp protein, Hemp seeds with coconut cream,1/2 of the vanilla extract and coconut syrup and blend well.
- Place the shredded coconut mixture on a small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours, until frozen solid.
- Remove from the freezer and cut.
In the meantime you will prepare the chocolate coating:
- Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan until liquified.
- Add Cacao powder, coconut syrup and vanilla extract to the coconut oil.
- Mix well on low heat for about 2 minutes, until all ingredients are well blended.
- Let cool to room temperature, but still liquid.
- Now dip the bars in the Cacao mixture, and turn to all sides to coat evenly. It helps if the bars are frozen solid so they won’t break.
- Place bars back on the cookie sheet.
- When all bars are all coated put in the refrigerator to harden.
The bars can be kept in the fridge for harder consistency or at room temperature for softer.
Cacao will melt if kept at a temperature too high.
If you want your chocolate coating to stay solid at room temperature use Cacao butter instead of coconut oil.
Proceed exactly in the same way as using the coconut oil.
free shipping on orders over $30
Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ at the checkout to save 10% off your first order (excludes value packs)