Want a quick easy guilt free snack? This recipe for a vegan caramel slice (salted may we add!) has us drooling. High in essential fatty acids, fibre, vitamins and minerals, hemp seeds make a great addition to these energy-filled snacks. With only a few simple ingredients and short preparation time, these vegan caramel slice recipe will leave a smile on the face of the whole family, while keeping the tummy happy and full.
Ingredients and Prep Time / 10 Mins /2 hours refrigeration
- 500g Medjool/Pitted Dates
- 1/4 cup hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pink salt to sprinkle
- Hemp seeds to sprinkle
- Add dates to a food processor. (You may need to process in batches), depending on the size of the processor.
- Once processed, add all other base ingredients and process together.
- Find a shallow dish or baking tray and evenly spread base mixture to cover all corners.
- Combine all topping ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
- Once whisked smooth, grab the base mixture, and cover with topping mixture.
- Let the topping settle even for 5 mins, tapping the edges if needed.
- Once settled sprinkle a small amount of salt flakes, and a hand full of hemp seeds over the slice to garnish.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until topping is solid, and cut into bite-size pieces.
Want to see more hemp seed recipes? Visit our blog.
New to hemp foods? Use the coupon ‘gimmesome‘ at the checkout to save 10% off your first purchase.
*excludes value packs